Skip to main content

OtsegoHigh School

School Profile

Overview

Otsego High School and its surrounding community is a great place to work, learn and live. The High School serves the communities of Weston, Grand Rapids, Haskins, and Tontogany. We are a four-year public comprehensive high school that offers a challenging college preparatory program. We currently have 511 students enrolled at the high school with 72 students at PENTA Career Center. We have a students/teacher ratio of roughly 15:1. The normal daily schedule consists of 9 class periods, 43 minutes in length, with a 30-minute lunch.

 

Achievements (2014-2015)

  • Named as a Top Work place in 2014
  • 2 dual enrollment classes & 1 AP Class
  • Class of 2015 was offered over 8.5 Million Dollars in scholarships
  • 84% of the class of 2015 are attending either a two or four year college with the other 16% entering the work force of receiving additional technical training.
  • 3 years in a row we have had a National Merit Scholar Finalist
  • 5 year ACT score average of 22.1 (State 5 year Average = 21.8)

 

The Curriculum & Faculty

We offer a diverse curriculum to meet all of our students’ needs. We offer Technical Training through PENTA Career Center, College Preparatory Courses on campus, and College Credit Plus Courses through BGSU, Owen Community College, and The University of Toledo. The High School consists of 30 very dedicated and passionate licensed teachers, 75% of which have a Masters Degree or higher.

 

Athletics (2014-2015)

Otsego High School has 8 boys and 7 girls interscholastic varsity sports teams for students to participate in. We are a member of the 8 team Northern Buckeye Conference and the Ohio High School Athletic Association. We also have several clubs and organizations for students to participate in including: Link Crew, Book & Media Club, National Honor Society, Student Council, Prom Committee, Tailgating Club, and FFA. We also have Trap Shooting, Indoor Track, Equestrian, Competitive Cheer and Dance Teams.

  • 4 League Championships: Volleyball, Girls Golf, Boys Cross Country, Girls Basketball
  • State Qualifying Boy’s Cross Country Team
  • Girls Volleyball = Regional Semi Final
  • 3 individual State Qualifiers in Wrestling
  • State Qualifying Cheerleading Team
  • District Runners Up – Girls Softball

 

Fine Arts (2015-2016)

We offer courses and programs in Ceramics, Drawing and Painting, Graphic and Unified Arts, Instrumental Music, Photography and Film Making, Theater Arts, and Vocal/Choral Music